(IC3) – 2020 Report Review and National Cyber-Forensics and Training Alliance
Please join us for our October meeting featuring several topics and speakers from the FBI, the NCFTA and InfraGard. We are continuing the return to in-person meetings. This will be a hybrid event and will include Teams access for remote attendees and presenters. The on-premise venue (TBD) can only accommodate 30 attendees. For in-person attendance, proof of vaccinations will be required, masks are optional.
5:15 – 5:45 In-Person Registration and Networking
5:45 – 5:55 Welcome and Chapter Updates
5:55 – 6:15 Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) – 2021 Report Review
6:15 – 6:40 2021 Cyber Threat Landscape from the National Cyber-Forensics and Training Alliance (NCFTA)
6:40 – 7:05 FBI Recruiting in the NYO – hiring initiatives and employment opportunities
7:05 – 7:30- InfraGard – All you need to know and more…
7:30 Session Wrap-up
- Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) – 2020 Report Review
- Abstract: Internet Crimes Complaint Center’s (IC3) history and duties including statistical data from the 2020 IC3 Annual Report. The presentation will focus on the IC3’s Recovery and Investigative Development Team (RaID) and the actions involved with the Financial Fraud Kill Chain (FFKC) when related to a Business Email Compromise (BEC).
- Speaker Bio: Dana Shaw, Management and Program Analyst (MAPA), HQ-CyD. Management and Program Analyst (MAPA) with the FBI’s Internet Crimes Complaint Center (IC3) for the last year. Member of the IC3’s Recovery Asset Team, (also known as RAT), who handles primarily BEC complaints to initiate the financial fraud kill chain (FFKC) with banking institutions. Joined the FBI in September 2014 and worked as a Threat Intake Examiner with the FBI’s National Threat Operations Center (NTOC) until coming to IC3. Prior to my FBI career, I worked in banking and financial centers for 13 years including being a licensed investment representative.
- National Cyber-Forensics and Training Alliance (NCFTA)
- Abstract: – 2021 Cyber Threat Landscape. It includes general intro to the threat actor motivations, threats we are seeing, and details some of the specific issues we see via Private Industry Notifications (PINs) and Fellow Law Enforcement Agencies Securing the Homeland (FLASH) reports.
- Brad Carpenter is a Supervisory Special Agent with FBI Cyber Division and currently manages FBI Cyber Operations with the National Cyber Forensics and Training Alliance (NCFTA) in New York. As an FBI Special Agent for over 18 years, he has been responsible for investigating computer intrusions targeting the financial sector, cybercrime, and various financial crimes to include money laundering and terrorist financing. Prior to his current role, he managed cyber investigations for FBI New York and was also assigned to the FBI New York Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF), responsible for the incident response to terrorist threats throughout New York City and at high profile Special Events. During his tenure with the FBI, Mr. Carpenter has also been assigned to the FBI Boston Field Office, FBI Counterterrorism Division in Washington DC, US Embassy London, and several other international deployments. As an FBI Instructor, he has conducted domestic and international trainings on Cyber Crime, Anti-Money Laundering, and Terrorist Financing. Mr. Carpenter was a business development professional in the IT Sector, servicing Fortune 500 companies prior to his appointment as an FBI Special Agent.
- FBI Recruiting in the NYO
- Abstract- an overview of the program to include hiring initiatives and employment opportunities in the FBI.
- Special Agent Natalia Peters has been the recruiter for the New York Office since August 2021. Prior to this role SA Peters worked primarily national security matters since joining the FBI in 2008. She has extensive counterterrorism and counterintelligence experience having worked these issues in various locations throughout the world. Prior to the Bureau SA Peters worked in the private sector during which she completed her masters degree in National Security at the University of New Haven.
- InfraGard – All you need to know and more
- Abstract- What is Infragard?
- Dave Solano – President – New York Metro InfraGard Members Alliance
Discount codes have been sent via email to members.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) in Cyber Security & Today’s Networking Security Challenges
- Sep 28 2022
- 5:30 pm - 8:05 pm