(ISC)² is an international, nonprofit membership association for security leaders like you. They’re committed to helping members learn, grow and thrive. More than 140,000 certified members strong, they empower the professionals who touch every aspect of cyber, information, software, IT and infrastructure security.
With (ISC)² certification, you join a globally recognized family of cyber and IT security professionals. By joining our chapter, you’ll have access to various resources, educational tools and peer-to-peer networking opportunities, meetings, and much more to help you strengthen your career while helping us accomplish our mission. Even if you don’t have a certification with (ISC)², our chapter invites all that want to be part of it to network and learn. Through it we hope you find the value in attaining an (ISC)² certification.
Chapter Membership Guidelines
This section outlines the rights and benefits of being a member of an (ISC)² Chapter as provided by (ISC)² Inc. Please review the following guidelines:
- (ISC)2 Chapter membership consists of (ISC)² credential holders and non-(ISC)² credential holders. Members of (ISC)² (credential holder) are not automatically members of an (ISC)² Chapter. Chapter membership is completely voluntary and members may join more than one (ISC)2 chapter.
- Chapter membership dues are determined by the chapter and collected by the chapter. The Annual Maintenance Fees (AMFs) required to maintain an (ISC)² credential are separate from the chapter and are collected by (ISC)².
- (ISC)² Chapters are open to anyone except those who have been knowingly convicted of criminal activity or conduct that is considered contrary to community standards of justice, honesty or good morals. Individuals who have been convicted of any crime of violence, fraud, embezzlement, murder, rape or any form of computer crime are ineligible to join.
- An (ISC)² credential holder or other security professional who is employed by entities with a conflict, offer a service, or are commercially motivated to promote alternative certifications/training may become a member of an (ISC)² Chapter; but cannot serve as a chapter officer.
- A member from another security chapter organization may join as a member of an (ISC)2 Chapter; however, an officer from another chapter organization cannot concurrently serve as a required officer of an (ISC)2
- Only (ISC)2 credentialed members in good standing may hold the required officer positions of President, Treasurer, Secretary and Membership Chair. Although the position of Vice President is not required, the individual holding this position must be an (ISC)² credential holder.
- Non-(ISC)2 credentialed chapter members may hold an elected chair/director positions after the chapter has been established and has received its charter.
- All (ISC)2 Chapter members are required to abide by the (ISC)² Code of Ethics. [For more information, visit isc2.org/ethics]
- (ISC)² Chapter members shall not promote or advance commercial and/or political agendas, including the promotion of any outside organization, to the chapter membership. Only organizations sponsoring chapter events and activities may be promoted during the sponsored event/activity and subject to guidelines as set by the Chapter.
- All (ISC)² Chapter members must abide by the (ISC)² Trademark Requirements and Branding Guidelines as outlined in the (ISC)² Official Chapter Handbook.
Membership dues are to be paid upon completing the membership application. You will be redirected to PayPal for payment processing. For (ISC)² certified holders the current membership fees are:
Questions & Answers
All paid memberships are good for up to a year. You will be given the option to renew on your anniversary or cease your membership.
Refunds are granted if your membership application has been rejected. The board reserves the right to determine if a refund will be issued to you on a case by case basis.
Like any other business, your dues pay for the operations of the chapter which include, but are not limited to: NY State 501(c)(3) registrations and renewals, insurance fees, accounting fees, state and federal taxes, website hosting, communications, event management, meeting venues, etc. If you have any additional questions about these fees, please reach out to the board with your concerns and we would be more than happy to provide further detail.
Did you start your membership but didn’t complete payment? Login with the email address you originally signed up with and come back to this page. Click submit to be redirected to PayPal.