February 2021 (ISC)² Long Island Chapter Event
Please join us for our February event.
This will be an online meeting with the link sent out the day before the meeting.
5:00 – 5:10 Welcome and Chapter Business
5:10-5:15 – Chapter Sponsor Spotlight – Eclaro
5:15 – 6:15 Cybersecurity Trends From Real Customer Data – ArcticWolf
“SolarWinds technical breakdown: How they evaded detection”
6:15 – 7:15 Every day security teams are up against overwhelming odds: – Exabeam
Speaker: Tom Sheridan, Principal
Eclaro is a Business and Technology Consulting Firm that delivers top talent to our clients globally across diverse industries. Founded in 1999, Eclaro is headquartered in New York City and operates in the United States, the Philippines, and Canada.
Eclaro’s management team averages over 30 years of experience in the staffing and consulting fields. We support clients of all sizes, and provide flexible solutions to solve our clients’ business problems. Eclaro recruits and manages a staff of highly skilled individuals in an array of specialized disciplines. Eclaro’s relationships with some of the largest global companies has led to a 96% retention rate and an average partnership of over 10 years
Abstract: Cybersecurity trends from real customer data since March – In-depth review of Arctic Wolf’s 2020 security operations report
- Seven key themes of today’s modern threat landscape
- How to ensure your cloud environment is “locked down”
- The six characteristics you need to establish a world-class security operations organization
- The time of day when cyberattacks are most likely to occur
- The most common high-risk CSPM misconfigurations uncovered by our Concierge Security Team
- The industry that’s been hit the hardest since the start of COVID-19
- What you can do to remain vigilant in the face of growing attacks
Speaker: Jeff Miller
Jeff is a unique blend of engineer, teacher, and evangelist of all things cybersecurity. His roots in cybersecurity stem from his engineering degree and tenure at the nation’s second largest law firm, where he regularly defended against ransomware, the hacktivist group Anonymous, distributed denial of service attacks, and various other threats. Jeff spends much of his time educating organizations on how to adhere to both security regulations and best practices around cybersecurity. Jeff lives, breathes, and bleeds cybersecurity. It’s not just what he does; it’s who he is.
Session 2: Exabeam
Every day security teams are up against overwhelming odds: billions of alerts, insider threats, false positives and expanding attack surfaces. In addition,
- New attackers andincreasingly sophisticated techniques emerge every week. The 2020 CrowdStrike Global Threat Report states that Russian nation-state actors’ average breach time is a mere 18 minutes.
- Business risks are proliferating, including security, privacy, insider threats, cloud, operational technology (OT), compliance, and more.
In the face of these odds you, the security professional, are the only thing standing between bad actors and their objectives.
That means you are piecing together complex puzzles. Understanding who did what and why. Determining the real threats from the fake ones. So many obstacles have stood in your way and kept you in the dark. Chris Tillett is going to show how using analytics to help light the way, security professionals can outsmart the insurmountable odds they are facing on a day to day basis.
Speaker: Chris Tillet
Chris Tillett is a 25-year veteran of the cybersecurity field. He is known for presenting the unvarnished truth in a bold and colorful style. He is happy to show you the scars from his failures so that you can succeed and not make the same mistakes he has made during his career. Warning: He will make you question why you do what you do.